Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Back On Some Rest

Hi everyone,

Well after around 5 months on tour i am back on some well deserved Rest and Recuperation, and spending some quality time with the family. So to that end I will not be doing any hobby painting as this is not fair on the family. But I have bought the new 6th Ed and will be having a read of that to see what has changed. Which by the looks of it is quite a lot. I did also buy the new templates which I'm not impressed with as they look a bit cheap and nasty, and the other bits and pieces that can be purchased. I have also got tickets for the campaign weekend in November so that myself and a couple of other Praetorian players can get together and show a united front. So I will need to learn the new rules pretty quick when I get back, and get a few games in.

Afghan has been fairly busy for me, very hot and dusty. I have been all over Helmand in the good old helicopters, I have also been in the American Osprey which I must say is a very impressive bit of kit. I have also served with the US Marines, and must say they are a great bunch of guy's who are very professional. Plus they have some awesome kit and the vehicles are pretty good too. I think it's about time we the Brits took a leaf out of their book as we could learn a thing or two.

Well I must be off to spend time with the family. So this will be my only post while I am home. But it is just over a month before I am home for good, and getting on with painting and organising the big Praetorian game for January. Till then thanks for looking and for all your messages of support.

Commissar Dave.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Hopefully see you for a bit on Sunday…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you- enjoy your rest!

    ReplyDelete