Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Servitor's Update Part 2

After my last update, feeling ill, and making a trip back down south, I have completed a little bit more on the Servitors. I touched up all the bit's were I went over in red so that they can have there coat's of Tin Bitz, Boltgun Metal, and some parts being made to look bronze and highlighted as well. But before I do all that I thought it would be best to do the skin as some of the metal parts join onto or are apart of the body. Now I don't usually do this I tend to live the skin parts till last as for me this tells me that the model is complete and is ready for basing.

So how do I do it? Well first off I decided I did not want my Servitors look really pale and dead like as they have been painted and pictured like in the past. I wanted them to look well nourished and looked after as they would with the machines they look after, plus from reading different books with servitors in they seem to be well nourished and looked after. I first did a coat of white over the original black undercoat, this was then followed with a coat of Bronzed Flesh. I like this colour and to this day I don't know why GW discontinued it as it is the closet to normal skin as they ever got. I then used Snakebite leather in all the groves and depressions as this adds shading, I then do a coat of Brown Ink over the whole skin area. This I finds adds depth to the skin and adds a bit more depth to the recesses, you can see this in the last two models that need there highlights doing.



The first three have had there highlights done, and this was done using several thinned down washes of Bronzed Flesh. Being careful not to go into the shaded areas and loosing the effect that I had created. I feel that I have been quite successful in accomplishing a realistic look some what, but next time not to do the shading so much and possibly add some Bronzed Flesh into the mix.



So there you have it, that's what I have done so far. As always I would love to hear what you guy's have to say, and till next time have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment