Sunday, 6 November 2011

Very Nearly Finished

So as the title suggests, the Valkyrie is nearly finished. All the work has been done this weekend as I did not get any painting done during the week. Not that it was a busy week, in fact it was very quite work wise. But as always you come home from work you start on something and before you know it there is no time for hobby, but I have made up for it.

I have managed to get the front of the Valkyrie finished and the cockpit is half way there, I just need to finish the pilot and co-pilot off. The hull was done the same as the rest of the model and the cockpit was done the same as the main interior. All the bright lights have had a coat of varnish to give them that little extra shine. The same was done with the lights on the hull and side pods. I tried a different heat effect on the Lascannon this time, which I found a little further on in the Forge World Model Master Class book. I think it looks a lot better than the one on the engine's, so I think I will use this in the future.

Well that's it for now, I am planning on getting the model finished by Friday as I really don't have that much left to do on the model. Then it is on with sorting out my Army for Blog Wars 2 work permitting. I will leave you with the pics to look at, and as always your comments are welcome.






1 comment:

  1. looking fantastic Commissar Dave (as expected)!

    ReplyDelete