Saturday, 12 November 2011

Switch Fire

First off just to let you know I did get a little bit more done on the Valkyrie, but I have not managed to finish it yet. As the title suggests I have switched fire on to something else.

On the 3rd of December there is a competition running in Mansfield called Blog Wars 2. For many months I was not sure if I would be able to attend due to work commitments, but it has worked out that I can. (The gaming God's must be looking out for me). So I have written my army list submitted it and play tested it, which I will tell you about in a few minutes. So I am going to hang fire on the Valkyrie and change a few models in my army that I don't really like, and add a couple so that the army is more uniformed. The models I am going to change are the banner bearer's in the normal squad for normal troops, the second platoon command will have a grenade launcher added, and the second platoon squads will have the buglers added. Also the first of my vets will have some of the packs finished, Yarrick and models that require it will have their bases touched up to make my army look the best it can.

So I tried one of the missions that I will be playing on the day. So a member of my gaming club was willing to give me a game so that I can try out my army list. I was very impressed how it worked and very happy. I ended up losing the game down to poor tactical decision's by myself. Sorry I didn't take any pictures as I forgot my camera. But a quick break down off the army I used last night is:-

HQ Coy Command squad with Meltagun, Carapace armour, regimental standard
Commissar Yarrick
Techpreist
Platoon HQ 1 with Flamer, Platoon standard
Squad 1 with Flamer
Squad 2 with Flamer
Platoon HQ 2 with Grenade Launcher, Platoon standard
Squad 1 with Grenade Launcher
Squad 2 with Grenade Launcher
Veteran Squad 1 with 2 Plasma Guns, Meltagun, Shotguns, Carapace Armour
Veteran Squad 2 with 2 Plasma Guns, Meltagun
2 Vanquisher Tanks with hull mounted Lascannons, Plasma Cannon side sponsens
Chimera 1 with hull mounted Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Turret, extra armour
Chimera 2 with hull mounted Heavy Bolter, Twin linked turret Heavy Bolter
Chimera 3 with hull mounted Heavy Bolter, Autocannon turret weapon
Heavy weapon squad with Heavy bolters.

That is my army as such. I'm not given to much away as I want to stand a chance in the comp, but I thought it would be nice to let you know what I have used in my games so far that seem to work. So all in all my army comes to just short of 1750.

Well that's it for now, sorry I have not included any pictures and the length of the blog. But I will put some pictures up tonight of what I have done so far with the Valkyrie, and the switch fire mini project.

No comments:

Post a Comment