Sunday, 2 October 2011

Chimera Update Pt2

As promised here is an update for the Chimera for my Vets. I have managed to get quite a bit done which has surprised me some what.

So what have I done. Well I have done all the oil marks that I wanted, and the weathering. I am really happy with the way it has turned out and I think it has turned out better than my Command Chimera, but I will let you guy's decide. The oil stains was done the same way as I always do it, which is to use brown ink first. Then a mix of brown and black ink mixed with clear to give the wet dark oil stains.



The mud was created using MiG powders. I first use a paint thinner on the model in the area I want the weathering powder to go, I then put Dark mud on and let this dry. Once dry I then use African dirt on  top to give it a lighter colour to show the upper mud drying and also to bring it in line with the rest of my army.

I have decided to keep this Chimera very simple as my vets are not planing on staying in it for long, and would do any long trips in the Valkyrie as this would offer better protection.

So all that remains is the Hull mounted gun and a coat of Purity Seal, and it's done. Well that's it for now and if I get it finished tonight I will put up pics tonight. As always your comments are appreciated.





No comments:

Post a Comment