Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Thunderbolt Update

You will all be glad to know I made it back down south on Monday safely, and made it very quickly to my painting station to get some painting done while the wife and kid's stayed up north.

Well after doing a few job's like feeding myself and sorting my work stuff out for the Tuesday I decided to spray paint the wings and the main engine housings white, ready for the red to go on. That's as far as I got as I did not realise how tired I was and decided to call it a night there.

Tuesday night was a right off as a friend of mine asked if I would go along with him to a meeting as morale support, and ended up not getting back till 11:30 at night.

So tonight I put Star Trek The Wrath of Karn and ZULU on to give me some inspiration. I have painted the wings Red Gore highlighted with Blood Red, and Blazing Orange. I did my normal chip work using Chardon Granite, and Boltgun Metal on the front part of the wings to represent the air friction the fighter would encounter. The underside wing received the same treatment and the hinges got their grease and oil stains done. The first part of the engine on the left wing was painted black, dry brushed with Tin Bitz, then Boltgun Metal. That's as far as I have got tonight as I have to get my stuff ready for work tomorrow, then head back up north to bring the family back after the bank holiday. (I will be taking painting stuff with me this time but I won't tell you what it is just yet).

So here are the pictures of what I have done in a small period of time. Hope you enjoy and any feedback is always welcome. I have not stuck the wings on I just wanted to give you guys a rough idea of what it will look like when completed.




1 comment: