Saturday, 2 April 2011

Golden Demon

Two post's in one day! you guy's are lucky. But I thought I would let you all see what I am planning to do this year for Golden Demon UK this year.

Arrived today from Perry Miniatures is their British Sudan War hospital miniatures which I thought were really nice looking and would be cool to do some sort of diorama with. At first I thought they were a little big but when I put them up against other GW models they are not that far out.

I thought of doing a diorama this year, as I have entered into the single 40k comp twice now and have got no where. Now I don't think its because my painting is poor I just feel it is not as good as the winning models. But when I see the diorama's that win the painting standard is a little lower due to the complexity of some of them which is more at my painting level. 

I am still going to enter the same model as last year as I feel it didn't get a fair chance due to were it was placed last year, which to say the least was a little out of the way. But I might also enter my Thunderbolt if people say it is good enough to enter  once it is completed.

I haven't quite decided how I am going to pose them yet and on what size diorama base. But I am thinking of a small square wooden plinth that I can place a small tent in one corner (which I will purchase from Empress Miniatures), and have the in the centre some how. I will also use my bits box to scatter kit around the base so it looks like they are in the 41st millennium and not in the 18th century.

So here are the pics of what I have purchased and let me know what you think.



4 comments:

  1. Well, they look cool and all but – aren't you supposed to be using GW minis for Golden Daemon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a good point oh well I will have to enter them into the open cat then if that is the case. But I will have to look at the rules. I might get away with it as GW don't produce Praetorians any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fraid so, had a quick check and:
    "all entries...must be painted Citadel miniatures, Forge World or Imperial Armour models or scratch-built models that you have sculpted yourself.
    Entries from other miniature companies are not accepted."

    is a shame, but then again its not simply a "painting competition", is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean I see so many entry's that make it through each year which are either borderline or breaking the rules. The biggest one being the bases that models are based on. But I won't get on my soap box.

    Will still look at doing a Diorama this year but not sure what yet.

    ReplyDelete