Sunday, 27 March 2011

Thunderbolt Project Pt2

As promised here is a progress report of how it's going along with a few pictures. But first you will notice a few additions to my blog. This is due to the fact that I have been to other people's and notice these additions such as the revolving globe, and the picture slide. I thought they were rather cool and have decided to add them to mine.

But enough of that and back to the Thunderbolt. I am rather happy with progress so far as I only did a little bit on Saturday night and the rest today. I am especially pleased with my emblem on the rear wing which I did free hand. The weathering turned out really good too, but I know a few of you will think it is a bit over the top. I personally feel that it should be quite worn as they are not going to come out of a fight in a good condition.

I do feel I might have gone over the top on the radiator as I realised once I had painted it that this would largely be covered but never mind it's done now. The other part that I am pleased with is the rear exhaust. believe it or not but this took me ages to do. I first used the technique in my Forgeworld painting book but thought it looked a little wrong and to clean, so I added some of my own techniques that I have learnt over the years.

Well enough of the chit chat you want to see the pictures. So here you go, I am open to any sugestions you may have or comments.







2 comments:

  1. Loving the sphinx.

    is that freehand? if so it's very tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and yes it is. I first drew the outline faintley in pencil. I then filled in the colour with Desert yellow and then when round the outline with a fine ink pen. The shading was also done with the ink pen. To get into the groves I used black ink.

    ReplyDelete