Saturday, 19 February 2011

Current Project

Well this is what I am currently working on. My new heavy weapons team's. I had always liked the heavy bolter teams that Col Garvis does in the style of a Gattling Gun, and have always wanted to do my own. But were Col Garvis has managed to get hold of his Gattling guns off the old second edition sentinel's I thought I would look elsewhere. This is due to the fact that there are not that many second edition sentinel's out there anymore, and when you can find them people want an obscene amount of money for them.

Well I did in the end find a company that does modern day versions of the Gattling gun and in the style keeping with my army, with the front armour cover. The company in question if any of you are interested are Maximini Miniatures who I believe are based in Poland. They do a small amount of conversion pieces for the GW range and on receiving my purchase believe these will be of as high a standard as mine.

I received my packet last week and was surprised to find it had come all the way from Poland, but anyway I opened my package with enthusiasm to see what goodies I had received. Well what I found was three beautifully moulded Gattling guns that required hardly any cleaning at all. They came in there own individual bags containing seven pieces of resin each. Two wheels, body, weapon, sight, front armour plate, and trigger handles. The wheel's required a little trimming and found that the resin is a little softer than Forge Worlds but just as nice and detailed.

As you can see from the pictures the main guns are complete which only took me two days to do. Should of only taken me one but family life got in the way so it took me a little longer than normal. The crew are taking slightly longer as there are more of them but the loaders are nearly completed. The gunners needed a small but simple conversion as there are no seats on the main frame of the weapons, like there is on the GW version's. All I have done is use the gunner legs off the Cadian heavy weapon teams, then the top half of the Praetorian gunners. Once done I think they will look cool once completed, but for now here is the work in progress pictures. ENJOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment